A popular topic of discussion among EMPs is out of town museum experiences. Museum professionals seem to enjoy visiting museums in other parts of the world and dissecting their experience. It seemed logical that, as we traverse the globe, we share our museum experiences with you. Each addition to our Postcard Portfolio will provide a brief snapshot of our exhibit as we see the world one museum at a time.
The Museum: New York Transit Museum in Brooklyn, NY
The Visit: Saturday, January 3, 2015
The Best Thing: The extensive collection of classic subway cars
The Worst Thing: The hordes of children? This can easily be avoided by attending on less busy day or during an adult program.
Why You Should Go: One of the best transit museums I have experienced with exhibits that go beyond the vehicles and get into the science and engineering.
- Fantastic electricity exhibit
- Vintage ads on the historic subway cars
- Interesting temporary exhibit about the Verrazano Narrows Bridge
- Reading room with selected works about trolleys in NYC
- Plenty of great photo ops