The Wells Fargo History Museum in Center City is hiring a Museum Assistant to start at the end of June. Museum Assistants at WFHM typically start at $13-14 per hour and work 16 hours per week. The ideal candidate has museum experience, is comfortable with high levels of guest interaction, has a strong background in history, and is ready to be a part of a team that collaborates internally and externally to develop and implement new programs, exhibits, and events. The expected schedule for this position is Mondays from 9-12, Tuesdays from 9-5, and Fridays from 1-5. This position is ideal for someone who already has a part-time museum job, and is looking to supplement their income and add to their portfolio. Please refer to the job description below for more information.
The Wells Fargo History Museum interprets the history of Wells Fargo since its founding in 1852 as a bank and express company including the Gold Rush, Pony Express, and stagecoach. Exhibits include an original Concord Coach, artifacts and early photos, a working telegraph, and several interactive activities.
The Museum Assistant will assist with the day-to-day operation of this location to ensure quality, efficiency, and the highest professional standards and museum practices. Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and deliver education programs and tours to help visitors gain a better understanding and appreciation of Wells Fargo’s rich history
- Greet visitors, provide information, and answer questions pertaining to Wells Fargo History including Gold Rush, stagecoach, and regional history
- Provide day-to-day operational support, including answering the phone, performing retail duties for small museum gift shop, clerical duties, and light housekeeping
- Implements operational procedures related to facility management and retail sales, exhibit maintenance and clerical duties
- Assist with special museum events as needed
The museum is located at 123 South Broad Street in Center City Philadelphia. The Wells Fargo History Museum is free and open to the public Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The position is flexible and therefore ineligible for most Wells Fargo benefits. The position will work an average of 16 hours per week between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- A Successful Team Member Will Demonstrate:
- Ability to be flexible and think on your feet
- Ability to speak in front of an audience
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Personable, upbeat, “can do” attitude
- Team oriented professional who takes initiative and requires little direction or supervision
- 6+ months of museum, historical services, marketing or customer service experience
- Experience presenting educational programs/teaching to a variety of audiences
- Experience with emerging technologies, including social media
- Experience with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Sound understanding of US History
- Ability to stand for periods of 1 hour or longer and must be able to lift up to 20lbs as needed
- Experience building relationships and working effectively within diverse communities
- Exposure to and understanding of professional museum standards, ethics, and practices
Visit the Wells Fargo Careers website and enter Job Opening ID number 5112093 in the search box.