Philadelphia Emerging Museum Professionals encourages museum/arts and culture professionals of all experience levels to submit content to be featured on the Philly EMP Blog. Please consider the following guidelines when submitting content:
- All content must be related to the museum/arts and culture sector
- Preference given to content related to career advancement/advice
- All content will be edited/proofread by the EMP committee
- We strongly encourage writers to include images
- Paid positions only
- Unpaid internships are only available to those who can afford to work for free, and disqualify many people without the means from getting experience in our field.
- Must include an accurate salary range
- The job hunt is time-consuming and expensive for both the employer and prospective employee. Posting an accurate salary range will help both sides avoid wasting time on jobs/candidates they cannot afford.
- Must include the name and title of the person to whom candidates should address applications
- This avoids any confusion for candidates submitting applications, resumes, and cover letters.
- Must include interview format (group, panel, one-on-one, etc.)
- This allows candidates to better prepare for an interview and reduce the stress of the unknown.
- We strongly encourage you to accept relevant experience alongside any degree requirements
- Degree requirements exclude those who were unable to obtain a degree for financial reasons but instead worked in related fields. Job requirements should not have barriers to those who chose/needed to work instead of pursuing higher education.
- Must include a breakdown of the hiring process from application to training
- This offers candidates a clear picture of what to expect and give them a better understanding of your timeline
- The following announcements will be considered for inclusion on the blog:
- Professional Development/Networking
- Calls For Proposals
- Exhibit Openings
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com.